Your Sustainable Workplace
A workplace programme that will kickstart your organisation’s waste minimisation efforts, saving you money and reducing your impact on the environment.
Establishing a waste minimisation culture in a workplace is an essential step to reducing the overall impact an organisation has on the environment.
It’s important to have the right systems and facilities to support recycling and composting in the workplace – but it’s only effective if staff understand why it’s important.
Sustainability Trust’s Your Sustainable Workplace programme supports organisations to establish a staff-driven waste minimisation culture.
Your Sustainable Workplace is a two to three-month long programme which provides you with the advice and support you need to establish a workplace culture that prioritises waste minimisation. It includes:
- An app-based evaluation of the waste disposal systems currently in place, followed by the implementation of an improvement plan.
- Support to install the necessary equipment to facilitate effective waste minimisation. For example, appropriate bins or compostable paper products. This may involve your company purchasing new bins.
- Support to start a Green Team who will lead the charge in the workplace.
- Info on best practice in waste minimisation so the Green Team can be as effective as possible.
- Advice on working with waste management providers and how to make sure waste is going where it should be.
- A presentation to all staff to get them on board with the programme.
- A seven-week email campaign to keep staff informed and motivated.
- A post-programme review, including a report and infographic poster on the waste reductions achieved by staff. A great motivator for staff as well as something to show off about to customers and clients.
If you'd like to find out more or sign up your workplace for the programme, email email@example.com.
Were you looking for:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get Sustainability Trust's news, events and specials straight to your inbox every month