**UPDATED** Insulation grants - are you eligible?
**UPDATED** APRIL 2019 - The Government have announced the addition of Deprivation zone 8 to the eligibility criteria for this programme, which means we've added hundreds of homes to the below list - make sure you double check to see if your address is there!
Did you know that there are thousands of homeowners around the Wellington region that are eligible for government-funded insulation grants, simply because of their address? In this blog post, we will help you check if you – or a friend or family member - are eligible to get your home insulated for just a few hundred dollars.
We are proud to be the sole provider of the new Warmer Kiwi Homes programme in Wellington City, which provides government insulation grants to eligible homeowners to help with the cost of home insulation.
In partnership with Wellington City Council, eligible homeowners in Wellington City can save 85% of the cost of their home insulation.
Who is eligible?
Here are the criteria below:
- First, you have to be the homeowner-occupier of a property built before 2008. No insulation grants for rental properties are available.
- Next, you have to meet at least ONE of the following two criteria:
- Have a Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card OR
- Own and live in a home in an area identified as lower-income
If you, or someone you know, owns their home and has a Community Services card, great! Please do get in touch.
What is a lower-income area?
Deprivation 8, 9 & 10 zones are areas identified by the Government as lower income. If you happen to own and live in a home in one of these areas, you are eligible for insulation grants under the Warmer Kiwi Homes programme.
Since this programme started, we’ve spoken to hundreds of homeowners who had no idea they lived in these areas, and were therefore eligible for the insulation grants – even if they don’t have a Community Services Card.
After a free home assessment, a typical quote for their new home insulation after the Warmer Kiwi Homes funding and contribution from WCC is reduced from $2000 to just $300.
Where are the lower income areas?
We decided to do the legwork for you and put together this handy list of Wellington addresses that are in the lower income areas, and eligible for the funding. If you live in Newtown, Berhampore, Strathmore Park, Miramar, or Kilbirnie, we highly recommend having a quick check to see if you are eligible below.
Due to the nature of the zones, often there are streets with just one side - or certain numbers - eligible. We know it can be confusing, so please feel free to give us if you just want to double check – 0508 78 78 24
So without further ado, here it is! Good luck!
- Wharekauri St
- Kekerenga St (all odd numbers & evens from 38 - 52)
- Raukawa St
- Bunker Way
- Nuku St
- Rahui St
- Taiaroa St
- Tukanae St (even numbers)
- Ngatiapa St
- Sidlaw St (even numbers from 2 - 34)
- Strathmore Ave (even numbers from 2 - 80 & odd numbers from 3 - 41)
- Ahuriri St (odd numbers from 17-73)
- Monorgan Rd (even numbers from 8 - 48)
- Glamis Ave (even numbers from 4 - 42)
- Kinghorne St (Odd numbers from 1 - 7)
- The Quadrant (Even numbers)
- Tahi St (Odd numbers)
- Byron St (Even numbers)
- Booth St
- Tauhinu Rd (Odd numbers from 39 – 137 & even numbers from 130- 144)
- Rotherham Terrace (Even numbers from 2 – 32)
- Rex St (Odd numbers from 3-29)
- Miramar North Road (Odd numbers from 85 – 143)
- Darlington Rd (Even numbers from 190 – 206 & odd numbers from 177 - 259)
- Brussels St (Even numbers from 14 - 36)
- Park Rd (Even numbers from 2 - 56)
- Miramar Ave (Odd numbers from 73 - 103)
- Broadway (All even numbers & odd numbers from 335 - 367)
- Liverpool St (All odd numbers)
- Wayside (All even numbers)
- Hobart St (Even numbers from 14 - 46 & odd numbers from 3- 31)
- Kauri St (Even numbers)
- Constable St (Even numbers from 2 – 78 & odd numbers from 3 – 47 & 121 - 135)
- Riddiford St (Even numbers from 236 – 262)
- Daniell St (Even numbers from 38 – 68 & 96 - 170 and odd numbers from 123 – 149 & 165 – 193)
- Owen St (Even numbers from 88 – 96 & 132 – 158 & 170 – 226)
- Cardall St (Even numbers)
- Horner St
- Hanson St (Odd numbers from 1 - 111 and evens from 72 - 88 & 150 - 198)
- Adelaide Road (Even numbers from 114 - 220 and odd numbers from 197 - 225 & 301 - 339 and even numbers from
- Wilson St (Even numbers from 2 – 32 & odd numbers from 19 – 31)
- Newtown Ave (Odd numbers)
- Russell Terrace (Even numbers from 2 – 72)
- Mansfield St (Odd numbers from 259 – 313 & even numbers from 302 - 320)
- Rhodes St (Even numbers from 2-20)
- Wingate Terrace
- Lawrence St (Odd numbers from 7 – 27)
- Regent Street (Odd numbers)
- Roy St (Odd numbers)
- Coromandel St (Odd numbers from 55 - 77 & 111- 149 )
- Seddon Terrace
- Douro Ave (Evens)
- Princess St & Princess Terrace
- Green St
- Emmett St
- Manley Terrace (Evens)
- Drummond St (Odds 15 -19 and evens 30 - 42)
- Lavaud St (Even numbers 2-38 & odd 57 - 65)
- Waripori St (Even numbers from 2 – 64 & odd numbers from 5-73)
- Rintoul St (Even numbers from 186 - 218 and odd from 99- 207 & 251 – 297) - More in Newtown section!
- Chatham St (Even numbers)
- Adelaide Road (Odd numbers from 429 – 457 & 493 – 533 & 543 - 559 and even numbers from 478 - 512)
- Dawson St (Odd numbers)
- Edinburgh Terrace (Even numbers from 46 – 64)
- Luxford Street ( Even numbers)
- Cowan Place
- Britomart St (Even numbers from 124 - 160)
- Chilka St (Even numbers)
- Stanley St (Odd numbers from 31 - 51)
- Jeypore St
- Burwah St
- Angus Ave (Evens)
- Milton St (Odds)
- Kemp St (Odd numbers from 1 – 35 & 65 – 87)
- Rongotai Rd (Odd numbers from 1 – 147 then even numbers from 2 – 144)
- Kilbirnie Crescent (Even numbers 68 – 112)
- Ross St (All even numbers & odd numbers from 3 - 31)
- Evans Bay Parade (Odd numbers from 605 – 639)
- Mahora St
- Tully St
- Bridge St (Odd numbers from 23 - 73 & even numbers from 2 - 24))
- Coutts St (Odd numbers from 1 - 107 & even numbers from 2- 42 & 170 - 254)
- Cairns St (Even numbers from 6 - 16)
- Tirangi Rd (Odd numbers from 3 - 35)
- Onepu Rd (Odd numbers 5 - 91 & even numbers from 2 - 62) - More in Lyall Bay section!
- Yule St (Even numbers from 2-38)
- Endeavour St (Odd numbers from 47 - 63)
- Cruickshank St
- Cockburn St (Even numbers)
- Queens Drive (Odd numbers from 1- 27)
- Bay Road
- Childers Terrace (Odd numbers & even numbers from 2 - 32)
- Crawford Rd ( Even numbers from 30 - 48)
- Bourke & Upper Bourke St (Even numbers)
- Phillip Street 3-64 (even)
- Broderick Road 52-62 (even)
- Dr Taylor Terrace 4-46 (even)
- Frankmoore Ave 18-28 (even + )33-41 (odd)
- Earp Street 2-30 (even)
- Iron side Road 7-21 (odd)
- Rototiti Street - all
- Trafalgar St 3-31 (odd)
- Fisher Street 1-29 (odd)
- Haumai Street 54 -62 (even)
- Bannister Ave 25-41 (odd)
- Batchelor street 2-54 (even)
- Gahagan way - all
- Pritchard street - all
- Steward Drive 21-41 (odd) + 2-46 (even)
- Loasby Cres 2,4,12,14.16,18,20,15,17
- Bracken Road 23-49 (odd)
- Trebann St 1-30 (odd)
- Hopper Street
- Rolleston St (Odd numbers from 7 – 25)
- Wallace St (Even numbers from 32 – 44)
- Hargreaves St (Even numbers from 6 - 16)
- Tasman St (Odds from 117 - 153)
- King St (Evens)
- Myrtle Crescent (Odds)
- Adelaide Rd ( Evens 28 - 66) - More in Newtown section!
- Nairn St (Evens & Odds from 1 - 39)
Te Aro/ Aro Valley
- Ohiro Rd (Evens 2 - 16 & odds 1 - 41)
- Abel Smith Street -124 to 152 (even) + 131 to 149 (odd)
- Inverlochy Place 4 & 6
- Norway Street 2,4,6 + 16 to 56 (even)
- Aro Street 68 to 140 (even) + 80-96 (even) + 182 to 206 (even)
- Semeloff Terrace - all
- Adams Terrace 3 to 51 (odd)
- Landscross Street 1 to 15 (odd)
- Devon Street 3 to 37 (odd) + 4 to 46 (even)
- Essex Street - all
- Victory Ave – 12-72 (even) + 61-81 (odd)
- Sunshine Ave 57-105 (odd)
- Tobruk Street 2-12 (even)
- Karori Road – 296 -306 (even) + 312
- Eagle Street 3-19 (odd)
- Darwin Street 11-49 (odd) + 2-30 (even)
- Maupuia Rd (Odd numbers from 115 – 157 & even numbers from 120 - 136)
- Akaroa Drive (Even numbers from 2 – 30 and odd numbers from 91 – 113)
- Waiwera Crescent (Even numbers from 2 – 16)
- Governor Rd (Evens)
- Crieff St (Odds)
- Hania St ( Odd numbers from 3 - 21)
- Pirie St (Even from 22 - 46)
- Brougham St (Even from 80 - 104)
- Lyall Parade (Even numbers from 26 - 80)
- Onepu Road (Even numbers from 144 - 230 & odd numbers from 185 - 219) - more in Kilbirnie section!
- Apu Crescent (Odd numbers from 111 - 137)
- Berkshire Ave
- Hampshire Ave
- Shropshire Ave
- Wilton Rd (Even numbers from 162 - 222)
- Trent Street (Even numbers from 4 – 44)
- Brighton St (Even numbers from 43 – 42)
- The Parade (Odd numbers from 327 – 335)
- Fairlie Terrace (Even numbers from 58 - 90 and odd 73 - 89)
- Kelburn Parade 52 to 96 (even) + 93-107 (odd) + 87
- Springfield Terrace 2 to 14 (even)
- Glasgow Street 24 & 26
- Tinakori Road 9-29 (odd)
There we go! Quite the list of homes. If your property is on this list, then congratulations, you're eligible for the insulation grants! Please give us a call on 0508 78 78 24, or fill out this contact form and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
Know anyone who owns their home on any of these streets? I'm sure they'd appreciate the heads up - it's not every day you could save someone thousands of dollars...
If you live in the wider Wellington region - such as Porirua, Lower Hutt, Otaki - there are hundreds more addresses that are eligible for insulation subsidies. With additional funding from Hutt Mana Charitable Trust, homeowners can save up to 96% off the cost of home insulation! Although there are too many addresses for us to list here, if you think you may be eligible, use the Warmer Kiwi Homes tool to check.
Please bear in mind though that there is only limited funding available under the Warmer Kiwi Homes programme. We recommend getting in touch as soon as possible so as not to miss out.